Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving thanks

What a busy month November has been. So many things to be thankful for this year. More than anything, we are thankful for the roof over our heads, food in our stomachs, all of us having good health and another year of having wonderful friends, family and memories being made each day.

The wee-1 is standing for a bit on her own. She is letting go of furniture and just hovering, then eventually falling on her bottom. She has mastered the pincer grasp and is saying mama and dada. She is eating all sorts of table food, and enjoyed turkey, sweet potatoes, rolls, and peas at Thanksgiving which we shared with Aunt Joanna, Uncle Barry, and the girls, Maddie and Kennedy. She is loving all the pets here at Titi's house, and is such a giggle box. She is super ticklish. She is not the world's greatest sleeper, but she isn't unhappy when she is awake. We hear her chatting at night, playing with her paci, and when the 3-footer is awake, laughing at her sister.

The 3-footer is a riot. On the way home from Aunt Joanna's house, she was in the backseat saying the funniest things. Some of my favorites?

1. "Mama! I forgot to play the W. I. I. with my cousins!" She has spelled out Wii instead of saying it correctly.

2. After seeing the LaQuinta billboard... "Look mama.. Activiaaaaa!" I think she got the idea that it was a billboard for activia yogurt because of the colors and font. It was hilarious how she sung it :P

3. As I'm singing Christmas songs, she interjects with her own song... "No more singing time, no more singing time!" Do I really sing that bad?? Geez, thanks :P

She is funny, always cracking me up. Hearing the wee-1 start to say things is reminding me of the 3-footer when she was little talking. I have a memory of how she would say "dog" more like DAW-GUH. She has really grown up a lot.

November had a lot of other busy things occuring. I got accepted into nursing school, so I will finish my BSN in nursing, yeah! I dropped a few more pounds and am officially 10 pounds away from the weight I was at when Anthony and I started dating. I was a finalist for free lasik, but I don't know if I won yet. I saw New Moon with some girlfriends. We went to Austin for Turkey day. I experience my first (and possibly last) Black Friday (which I scored a laptop I needed for school!). And now we end the month with my parents celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary and having their vows renewed in the church and my brother proposing to his long time girlfriend, embarking on their own future full of wedding anniversaries. It has been a busy month! December is upon us, and things will be just as crazy. The wee-1 will celebrate her first Christmas, and I am going to attempt to start some sort of new Christmas tradition. I like a lot of things an aquaintance from College Station posts on her blog so I may do some of the crafy things she does. Check them out here : http://xtremeteamduty.blogspot.com/

No comments: